Physical medicine and rehabilitation ( PM&R) as a specialty faces exciting opportunities to contribute to the health and well-being of society ? as a specialty that concerns itself not with a specific organ system , but with human performance and function , the field has much to offer in the way of solutions to critical societal issues such as the aging of the population , the saving of individuals with formerly lethal conditions, and the increased societal recognition of the importance of quality of life . moreover , advance in other scientific arenas offer new and exciting tools that that may be applied to problems of human function .
like all other medical specialties , advances in PM&R are dependent upon research . real challenges are faced by the field as it is a relatively small specialty , new in comparison to other disciplines, lacks a history of major research involvement , and operates within a highly complex theoretical framework . moreover , because rehabilitation science concerns itself with analytic levels ranging from molecular to social , appropriate models for advanced research training differ from that have been successful in more narrowly defined scientific disciplines .
--Electro diagnostic studies (EMG/NCV) , somato –sensory (SSEP ) , brain stem (BEP) , auditory (AEP) or visual evoked potentials ( VEP ) ,SSR , RST
--Rehabilitation of persons with amputation , prosthetics and orthotics
--Quantitative Gait Analysis
-- Head Trauma Rehabilitation
-- Rehabilitation in neurological disorders
-- Rehabilitation in Rheumatologic disorders
-- Psychosocial aspects of rehabilitation
-- Sport Medicine
-- Adult stroke rehabilitation
-- Spinal cord injury rehabilitation
-- Back School
-- Cardiac Rehabilitation
-- Rehabilitation in pulmonary disorders
-- Butox injection
D.R Emad :
- efficacy of stretching Exercise after injection of methyl prednisolone acetate in the treatment of trigger points
- Efficacy of exercise training in increasing of hem dialysis efficacy and plysical performance in hem dialysis patients
- acupuncture effects on knee osteoarthritis pain .
- Incidence of peripheral Neuropathy in statin drug users
-False positive electrodiagnotic tests in CTS
-Sympathetic sskin Response in thalassemia pts
- Efficacy of botulinium toxin A on post herpetic neuralgia
- effects of lamotrigine in peripheral nerve regeneration after nerve repair .
- assessment of sympathetic skin response (SSR) in visceral leishmaniosis
- association of cardiac rehabilitation with improvement in C-Reactive protein post myocardial infarction
- efficasy of dextrose proloterapy in knee osteoarthritis